What you needAdmission requirements
If you want to study at our university as a student from abroad, you need to enrol for one of our programmes. To be able to do that, you need to fulfil the criteria listed below.
1. School qualification from a school in Germany
- Certificate of the Fachoberschule für Technik (technical college) or
- Another certificate proving your entrance qualification for a university of applied sciences or
- The general university entrance certificate (Abitur)
2. School qualification from a school abroad
- School-leaving certificates that would confer the same qualification in your home country as the German entrance qualification for a university or a university of applied sciences or
- A certificate of having successfully completed an examination to confirm the entrance qualification of foreign students for a university of applied sciences (obtained at a Studienkolleg) or
- Other certificates acknowledged by the ministry of education concerning the entrance qualification for a university or a university of applied sciences.
Study applicants from China are also obliged to present the certificate of the APS, Akademische Prüfstelle at the German Embassy's cultural department in Beijing that checks the authenticity of related documents.
Proficient knowledge of German
You need to prove sufficient command of the German language by having passed one of the following exams: a DSH Test with an overall level of 2 minimum, a TestDaF Exam with an overall grade of 4 or TELC Certificate with an overall grade of C1.
You must have passed the language test before you commence your studies at THGA.
You can find additional information here: https://www.studying-in-germany.org/proof-of-language-proficiency-german-english/
You will require a valid ID-card or passport that states your residence permit for Germany. Students from the European Union (EU), the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland do not need a residence permit.