Skip to main content

What you needAdmission requirements

If you want to study at our university as a student from abroad, you need to enrol for one of our programmes. To be able to do that, you need to fulfil the criteria listed below. 


School qualification

1. School qualification from a school in Germany

  •  Certificate of the Fachoberschule für Technik (technical college) or
  •  Another certificate proving your entrance qualification for a university of applied sciences or
  •  The general university entrance certificate (Abitur)

2. School qualification from a school abroad

  • School-leaving certificates that would confer the same qualification in your home country as the German entrance qualification for a university or a university of applied sciences or
  • A certificate of having successfully completed an examination to confirm the entrance qualification of foreign students for a university of applied sciences (obtained at a Studienkolleg) or
  • Other certificates acknowledged by the ministry of education concerning the entrance qualification for a university or a university of applied sciences.

Study applicants from China, India and Vietnam are also obliged to present the certificate of the APS. The German Embassy's cultural department checks the authenticity of related documents. You find the Akademische Prüfstelle here: China, India, Vietnam.


Proficient knowledge of German

You need to prove sufficient command of the German language by having passed one of the following exams: a DSH Test with an overall level of 2 minimum, a TestDaF Exam with an overall grade of 4 or TELC Certificate with an overall grade of C1.
You must have passed the language test before you commence your studies at THGA. These language tests are not necessary in MEIHC and parts of MRPE.

You can find additional information here:


Travelling documents

You will require a valid ID-card or passport that states your residence permit for Germany. Students from the European Union (EU), the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland do not need a residence permit.